Hello! My name is Shannon. I’m a twenty-something-year-old born and raised in western Oklahoma. Right now, I work at a public library, and I’m also taking online classes to get a Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies. So, obviously, I like books. Prepare to read many book posts.
What’s important to me? Well, first of all: Jesus. I’ve been a born-again Christian since I was 14, and–even though life is rocky sometimes–Jesus is always steadfast. Second important thing: my family. I have a lot of siblings (three brothers and six sisters, to be exact), and they’re all pretty cool.
When I was growing up, something I liked to do was create PowerPoint slideshows. I would ask all of my siblings about their favorite things, and then create a slide for each person. That’s what I’m going to do here as a sort of getting-to-know-me thing. So here it goes…
My list of favorites:
- Color: Green
- Food: Pizza and chocolate
- Animal: Sheep, turtles, llamas, baby ducks
- Season: Spring
- Holiday: Christmas
- Past-time: Reading, crafting
- Sibling: not going there…
- Movies: The Lord of the Rings, Jane Austen movies, Brooklyn, Anne of Green Gables, Beauty and the Beast, I don’t know…it’s so hard to just list one.
- Books: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, and Mark of the Lion Trilogy by Francine Rivers. Again, hard to pick just one. But I talk about many more books in my blog posts.
- Television shows: “Doctor Who,” “Poldark,” “Call the Midwife,” “Merlin,” “Doctor Quinn: Medicine Woman,” “The IT Crowd,” and “Vicar of Dibley”
- Musicians: JJ Heller, The Vespers, Flannel Graph, Bethany Dillon, Ben Rector, Dave Barnes, Jill Paquette, Audrey Assad, Relient K, and Switchfoot
Any more questions? Just ask!